Been in a Funk, with a capital F

I've been kind of in a funk. Actually, I've been in a big funk. I plan on doing something creative when I get home every day, but all I do is go sit on the couch. I'm a big couch potato.


I'm thinking I might have intimidated myself a bit, because up until December when I was in the studio a lot, I was making some more complicated work, which I really loved. Now, when I go in, I'm so rusty, I can't even solder. I dissolved in a pool of tears last week, and went back into the house to sit on the couch. Again. 

I've tried all sorts of things to get out of this funk: yoga, music, meditation, journeying, forcing myself to go into my studio for jewelry and my basement for pottery. The only things I've done recently are urns, because they are custom ordered and paid for, so I do them out of respect for the people and the animals they lost. But everything else: nothing. 

Not even some cool new stones have motivated me to get my butt in gear. I ordered some lovely stones: a new artificial stone called "surfite," some fordite, a gorgeous amethyst slice, some new geodes. Stuff that's easy to make, because I can make it with a simple spider setting. Here is an example of what I mean, and also, my new amethyst slice. 



If that amethyst isn't enough to motivate me, nothing is. So what to do? What to do when you can't get yourself motivated? I've been drawing a bit in my journal - nothing complicated, just some simple zentangle-y stuff and simple silly flowers, etc. I would love any suggestions for getting out of this funk and back into my studio. I have next week off and really want to spend it productively, since I've applied to a bunch of shows. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog